RESERVE YOUR VACCINE NOW
To pre-register for the Covid Vaccine now, click here.
We offer the highest quality PCR test available. It usually takes 1 to 5 days to get the results from LabCorp. This test helps to confirm current cases of Covid.
Patients with any of the following symptoms should consider testing: cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, headache, nausea or diarrhea. Symptoms typically appear 2 to 14 days after exposure.
Please see the CDC’s current quarantine guidelines when awaiting test results or with exposure to a COVID patient, click here. [please link that to – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html ]
You can also get tested through the local Health Department and various other sites. Please see the NCDHHS website to find a testing site, click here.
SAFE PASSAGE FOR MEDICAL CARE
At Midway Medical Center, our first priority is your health. During this uncertain time, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping up with the recommendations and guidelines of local health officials and the CDC.
We feel it is safe for you to come to the office and we are seeing patients for all types of visits. We implemented many new protocols and procedures and we are constantly reassessing and adjusting our practices.
- We require that all patients wear a mask in our office. We wear masks as well.
- In order to reduce your contact time with other patients, we do telephone check-ins. When you arrive, please call us to know you are here and stay in your vehicle. You will get a text or a phone call when your room is ready and a Medical Assistant will meet you at the door to escort you into the building. If you arrived by public transportation or if you don’t have a cellphone, please ring our door bell.
- We request that you come alone when you are able or bring no more than 1 other person to the visit with you.
- We screen everyone upon entering the building by checking temperatures. If you (or someone you are with) has a temperature over 100, we will ask that you return to your vehicle and we’ll arrange for you to have either a televisit or car visit as soon as possible.
- We ask all patients about any possible COVID symptoms and exposure. Patients with Covid symptoms or exposure will still be able to get care but in some cases, we will arrange for you to have a televisit or car visit to limit exposure to others.
- We offer virtual visits via telemedicine for many types of appointments during the pandemic. You can get most medications refilled or be seen for many acute sick visits without having to come in person, which is especially helpful for high-risk patients. If you need labs, we can place an order for you to come in for labs only. Let us know if you prefer to a telemedicine visit. You just need a computer, tablet/iPad or a smart phone. We’re happy to help you get connected.
- We have enhanced our cleaning practices and we are disinfecting exam rooms and all surfaces after every patient.
We encourage all of our patients to limit their exposure with good hygiene and by practicing social distancing. Please wear a mask when you are out in public. We suggest staying physically active for your physical and mental wellbeing.